Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Castellón: The Final Month

Hola Friends!

It has been quite awhile since I posted. Life in Spain has been quite busy and time is flying by. It crazy to think that I will be back in the good old USA in almost two weeks. As this experience starts to come to an end, I look back and think how many incredible opportunities I have had on this trip and how it has helped me grow as an individual.

with my new Spanish Family
First things first, I am now living by the Mediterranean in the city of Castellón. It is smaller than Salamanca and has less of a university influence, but it is a beautiful city nevertheless and I feel very blessed to be living here. I am with a new host family that is AMAZING. I am very lucky to have gotten young host parents who are very active and take me places and introduce me to new people regularly. My host parents names are Maria and Alex. I also have a host brother named Mario who is 7 and host sister named Emma who is about 15 months old. So far my time living with them has been great and I couldn't ask for a better family to spend my last month in Spain with.

Castellon
I have class in Castellón at the Universitat Jaume I from 9am to 1:30pm during the weekdays. The class I am in here is composed just of students in the WISE Spain Program. It is a class that focuses on different cultural aspects of Spain. It is very different from class back in Salamanca, but it is nice to have a change of pace opposed to only Spanish Language/Grammar. The university is much bigger than the school we were at in Salamanca. It is a modern university campus that has a more WIU feel than the other did. We are not in classes with Spanish students, but we are each paired up with a mentor who is a Spanish Student. This gives us the opportunity to mingle with the locals and really make friends outside of international students. I have a very nice mentor that even took me out with her friends one night.
Mediterranean

We still have excursions at this school. We went to the city of Valencia and to a city near Castellón so far. Valencia was a very beautiful city, but we only had one day there, so I did not get to see much. We had a tour of the city in the morning and then went to an Oceanographic in the afternoon. What we did see was interesting, but I feel like we needed the whole weekend to really see what the city had to offer.

Valencia
Next weekend we are going to Barcelona, so I will do my best to post about it. Also, if you remember, I went to England in the end of February. I went to Rome and Paris as well two different weekends, as well as a weekend in Madrid and 5 days traveling through the South of Spain with my class. I plan on writing posts about these trips throughout this week and next.


                 Seeing you in the near future,

                                                                                          Katy







No comments:

Post a Comment